- filtertype: pattern
      kind: regex
      value: '^.*string2*'
      exclude: True
      value: '^.*string3*'

So the idea is that this should delete all indices OVER 7 days old EXCEPT indices containing string1, string2, or string3. However, running a _cat/indices on my cluster, I am seeing a number of old indices which don't contain those string values, but curator returns this:

2017-02-14 03:27:47,968 INFO      Preparing Action ID: 1, "delete_indices"
2017-02-14 03:27:47,977 INFO      Trying Action ID: 1, "delete_indices": Delete indices over 7 days old.
2017-02-14 03:27:48,055 INFO      Skipping action "delete_indices" due to empty list: <class 'curator.exceptions.NoIndices'>
2017-02-14 03:27:48,055 INFO      Action ID: 1, "delete_indices" completed.
2017-02-14 03:27:48,055 INFO      Job completed.

I am 100% sure that none of those indices names contain the values "string1", "string2", or "string3", and all of them are named using the appropriate date-naming convention, ex. x-staging-logs-2017.01.16.

This is my curator.yml file:

client:
  hosts:
    - HOST_IP
  port: 9200
  timeout: 900
  master_only: True

Is my curator filter written correctly for my goal?? It appears to me to be so, and I thought it had worked in the past but I'm unclear as to why it is not functioning now. Are there other checks I can run to see more in-depth what is happening when I run curator??

Thank you!

Filters in Curator are connected/chained together by logical ANDs. Effectively, this is filtering everything out.

The first filter is Exclude: false, which INCLUDES all indices over 7 days old. The other three are string-based exclusions to filter particular indices from that list of deletes.

It was in fact a bad regex on our end :frowning:. We used:

value: '^.*string1*'

when we should have had:

value: '^.*string1.*'

After applying that fix, it worked. Sorry to take your time, but thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.