[RESOLVED] Remove all old indices with Curator

Hi all!

I am trying to use Curator to manage my indices. All I need now is to remove all indices older than several days. I am able to define a pattern with every specific index name and it worked. But all I want is actually to remove all old indices with one action. I tried to use regex for all names for that and it didn't work. I get an error like this:

2016-10-31 14:37:34,941 ERROR Failed to complete action: delete_indices. <class 'sre_constants.error'>: nothing to repeat

Here's my actions.yml file:
--- actions: 1: action: delete_indices description: >- Delete indices older than 10 days (based on index name), for all indices. Ignore the error if the filter does not result in an actionable list of indices (ignore_empty_list) and exit cleanly. options: ignore_empty_list: True timeout_override: continue_if_exception: False disable_action: False filters: - filtertype: pattern kind: regex value: '^*.-*$' exclude: - filtertype: age source: name direction: older timestring: '%Y.%m.%d' unit: days unit_count: 10 exclude:

And I have no idea of what the regex should be.
I've also tried regexes like *, *-*, *.-* and nothing worked.
I guess this is pretty simple issue but I could not find any simple simple solution for it.

I use python-elasticsearch-curator 4.1.2

Thank you in advance.

If you're trying to delete all older indices with a hyphen in them, try '^.*-.*$'.

That worked!

Thank you so much.