Elasticsearch did not passed bootstrap

Hello,

I am trying to install new elasticsearch using version 7 for log storage. FIrst I have tried to configure it with locked memory I have configured all the requirements that are in the documentation but it did not passed the bootstrap check without giving any hint on what or where exactly is failing on.

Any suggestion how to fix it?

How do you know it's failed bootstrap?

I believe the log is pretty clear about it.

[2019-04-28T06:03:00,876][INFO ][o.e.b.BootstrapChecks    ] [logging] explicitly enforcing bootstrap checks
[2019-04-28T06:03:01,103][ERROR][o.e.b.Bootstrap          ] [logging] node validation exception
[1] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: memory locking requested for elasticsearch process but memory is not locked

Most likely the user doesn't have permission to lock the memory, you can try the instructions here:

Specifically from

The most probable reason, on Linux/Unix systems, is that the user running Elasticsearch doesn’t have permission to lock memory. This can be granted as follows:

Extra references: Elasticsearch is not starting when bootstrap.memory_lock is set to true

You should be able to see the reason that memory locking failed higher up in the logs.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.