Elasticsearch failed: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin [search-guard-5] was built for Elasticsearch version 5.4.0 but version 7.0.1 is running

Hi, I am relatively new to ELK stack and am trying to set it up (version 7.0.1) on a CentOS virtual box. I have Kibana and Logstash up and running, and my only problem is with Elasticsearch. I can always get it running for a couple minutes, then it fails and through the log, I always get a new reason which I try to fix. However, now I am completely stuck. It says that search-guard-5 is built, even though I have actually built search-guard-7 (/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install -b com.floragunn:search-guard-7:7.0.1-35.0.0). however, if I do
(/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin list) I get search-guard-5 is built. If I try to remove it, using (/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin remove search-guard-5) I get (ERROR: plugin [search-guard-5] not found; run 'elasticsearch-plugin list' to get list of installed plugins). I can't seem to find a way to overcome this. Please let me know what you need to me provide so I can do that ASAP.
Appreciate any help.
Bader

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.