Elasticsearch Gist Operator so you can declare your indices and templates as a Kubernetes custom resource, feedback welcome!

Hi :wave:

Just wanted to let you know that I've released the first alpha version of a new Kubernetes Operator that manages the gist of the cluster, namely indices and templates (so far). You can find it here: https://github.com/frankkoornstra/elasticsearch-gist-operator. Please let me know what you think, your input is valuable!

This operator allows you to declare any indices and templates in Kubernetes as a custom resource. It will then try to resolve the differences between the cluster state and that custom resource; for example create an index or update its mapping if it already exists. Details can be found in the readme at the link above.

This is the first operator I've written and although I have worked with Kubernetes over the last year, it could be that there's better/more correct ways to do things, please point them out to me.
The operator is written in Kotlin, tested with both unit and integration tests. Contributions are welcome, there's contribution documentation in the repo. Also if you can't contribute but come across a problem or like to see a new feature, please create an issue.

Let me know what you think!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.