I have created elasticsearch cluster (5 shards, 1 replica, 65536 of
max_file_descriptors, enable mlockall,same value between es_min_mem and
es_max_mem, 1 node as master node also data node, 1 node as data only node,
1.5-3 GB of logs/hour need to be processed). But i have some issues
crossing in my head :
- Hardware limitation (not all of my available hardwares are five star
hardware). Five star hardware means, SSD, big RAM, Gigabit interface
So do you have any information, which is the most suitable hardware for
each of these nodes:
- master node, does this node needs SSD, big RAM, Gigabit interface ?
- data node, does this node needs SSD, big RAM, Gigabit interface ?
- client node, does this node needs SSD, big RAM, Gigabit interface ?
- for kibana, should it be connected to client node/data node/or master
node ? Until now, i only connecting my kibana to master node.
in my understanding, data node should have SSD, big RAM, master node needs
gigabit interface, medium amount of RAM, doesn't really need SSD, and for
client node needs to have gigabit interface, no need big RAM, no need SSD.
- Testing the configuration of my implementation. Do you have any
recommended scenario so i could know about my elasticsearch cluster
performance. How many query request that could be handle, how many index
that could be processed, how fast the query can be performed. Until now i'm
still using Bigdesk as cluster monitoring tools
Please update your bookmarks! We moved to https://discuss.elastic.co/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/547f879b-290c-4994-9a1a-28dd6de4fad5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.