Elasticsearch High CPU high load when searching

Hi,everyone
I'm new to es ,i got a probem with es and tried a lot but still don't know
how to change the situation ,so i would be gratitude if you can give me
some advice about better performance of es searching

I build a es cluster with 2 nodes, in order to analyse logs for develop engineers
,like some 5XX,4XX status and so on. It's running good ,but when i open
kibana (only one user) which will do some queries to es, then the 2 servers
will perform high cpu load. when i close kibana ,cpu load will be nomal
again.

there are some details about the problem below:

1.marvel basic monitor
https://plus.google.com/107610728578662862458/posts/GM8jjjX1HTi

2.gc monitor
https://plus.google.com/107610728578662862458/posts/PW7LCeDjemq

3.hot thread
https://docs.google.com/a/widget-inc.com/document/d/199CS0YHrAOWIbrNZssjpArOH9E0F11wHwIrO9XjmT-U/edit?usp=sharing

My server basic information:

RAM: 48G
cpu cores :4
centos 6.5 kernel version 3.8.13

jdk : jdk1.7.0_67
es version : 1.1.1

the work i have done:

when i google the problem, i got some possible solution

1.the leap-second
since my kernel is 3.8.13, so the kernel had solved this problem

I'm sorry for my bad english.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/cb463ea7-88d2-417e-b3d9-07256c2e3b6a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Your second two links do not work.

Can you add another node, or close some old indexes?

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: markw@campaignmonitor.com
web: www.campaignmonitor.com

On 4 September 2014 20:18, 王星龙 xinglong.wang@upai.com wrote:

Hi,everyone

I build a es cluster with 2 nodes, in order to analyse logs for develop engineers
again.

1.marvel basic monitor

2.gc monitor

3.hot thread
https://docs.google.com/a/widget-inc.com/document/d/199CS0YHrAOWIbrNZssjpArOH9E0F11wHwIrO9XjmT-U/edit?usp=sharing

the work i have done:

1.the leap-second

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/cb463ea7-88d2-417e-b3d9-07256c2e3b6a%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/cb463ea7-88d2-417e-b3d9-07256c2e3b6a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CAEM624bWUfahJzfVqM4D3jw494kBDXp7wRJNEDNtAs7UtfFZrg%40mail.gmail.com.

gc-monitor pic :

hot-thread:

34.2% (171ms out of 500ms) cpu usage by thread
'elasticsearch[node203][search][T#10]'

2/10 snapshots sharing following 23 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.heapAdjust(DisjunctionScorer.java:66)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.advance(DisjunctionScorer.java:150)

org.apache.lucene.search.ReqExclScorer.toNonExcluded(ReqExclScorer.java:79)

org.apache.lucene.search.ReqExclScorer.nextDoc(ReqExclScorer.java:58)

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanScorer2.nextDoc(BooleanScorer2.java:311)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.nextDoc(DisjunctionScorer.java:130)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.docset.DocIdSets.toFixedBitSet(DocIdSets.java:143)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.docset.DocIdSets.toSafeBits(DocIdSets.java:134)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.search.FilteredCollector.setNextReader(FilteredCollector.java:68)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.MultiCollector.setNextReader(MultiCollector.java:68)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:612)

org.elasticsearch.search.internal.ContextIndexSearcher.search(ContextIndexSearcher.java:173)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:309)

org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhase.execute(QueryPhase.java:111)

org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeQueryPhase(SearchService.java:257)

org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteQuery(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:202)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.sendExecuteFirstPhase(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:80)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:216)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:203)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:186)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.heapAdjust(DisjunctionScorer.java:56)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.docset.DocIdSets.toFixedBitSet(DocIdSets.java:143)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.search.FilteredCollector.setNextReader(FilteredCollector.java:68)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.MultiCollector.setNextReader(MultiCollector.java:68)

org.elasticsearch.search.internal.ContextIndexSearcher.search(ContextIndexSearcher.java:173)

org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeQueryPhase(SearchService.java:257)

org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteQuery(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:202)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.sendExecuteFirstPhase(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:80)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:216)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:203)

org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:186)

2/10 snapshots sharing following 20 elements

4/10 snapshots sharing following 19 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.heapAdjust(DisjunctionScorer.java:61)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.nextDoc(DisjunctionScorer.java:131)

25.1% (125.7ms out of 500ms) cpu usage by thread
'elasticsearch[node203][search][T#7]'

10/10 snapshots sharing following 16 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanScorer.score(BooleanScorer.java:297)

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanScorer.score(BooleanScorer.java:339)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:621)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:581)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:533)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:510)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:345)

org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhase.execute(QueryPhase.java:116)

org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:623)

org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:612)

org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler$RequestHandler.run(MessageChannelHandler.java:270)

24.3% (121.6ms out of 500ms) cpu usage by thread
'elasticsearch[node203][search][T#13]'

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.heapAdjust(DisjunctionScorer.java:61)

3/10 snapshots sharing following 22 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.advance(DisjunctionScorer.java:158)

2/10 snapshots sharing following 24 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.FilteredDocIdSetIterator.nextDoc(FilteredDocIdSetIterator.java:60)

org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreQuery$ConstantScorer.nextDoc(ConstantScoreQuery.java:196)

org.apache.lucene.search.ConjunctionScorer.nextDoc(ConjunctionScorer.java:99)

org.apache.lucene.search.ReqExclScorer.toNonExcluded(ReqExclScorer.java:88)

2/10 snapshots sharing following 19 elements

unique snapshot

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.heapAdjust(DisjunctionScorer.java:56)

:::
[node202][XRa3t0ZzRl6eiKRwcKpLsg][UPWEB-PHP-043][inet[192.168.1.43/192.168.1.43:9300]]{master=true}

60.8% (303.9ms out of 500ms) cpu usage by thread
'elasticsearch[node202][search][T#1]'

4/10 snapshots sharing following 16 elements

org.elasticsearch.search.facet.terms.strings.TermsStringOrdinalsFacetExecutor$Collector.collect(TermsStringOrdinalsFacetExecutor.java:223)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.search.FilteredCollector.collect(FilteredCollector.java:61)

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.MultiCollector.collect(MultiCollector.java:60)

org.apache.lucene.search.Scorer.score(Scorer.java:65)

org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreQuery$ConstantScorer.score(ConstantScoreQuery.java:256)

org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:623)

org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$SearchQueryTransportHandler.messageReceived(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:612)

org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler$RequestHandler.run(MessageChannelHandler.java:270)

2/10 snapshots sharing following 14 elements

org.elasticsearch.common.lucene.MultiCollector.collect(MultiCollector.java:60)

org.apache.lucene.search.Scorer.score(Scorer.java:65)

org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreQuery$ConstantScorer.score(ConstantScoreQuery.java:256)

4/10 snapshots sharing following 14 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreQuery$ConstantScorer.nextDoc(ConstantScoreQuery.java:196)

org.apache.lucene.search.Scorer.score(Scorer.java:64)

49.0% (245ms out of 500ms) cpu usage by thread
'elasticsearch[node202][search][T#20]'

org.apache.lucene.search.ReqExclScorer.advance(ReqExclScorer.java:129)

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanScorer2.advance(BooleanScorer2.java:328)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.advance(DisjunctionScorer.java:149)

org.apache.lucene.search.FilteredQuery$LeapFrogScorer.score(FilteredQuery.java:256)

8/10 snapshots sharing following 17 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.FilteredQuery$LeapFrogScorer.score(FilteredQuery.java:256)

45.6% (228.1ms out of 500ms) cpu usage by thread
'elasticsearch[node202][search][T#16]'

4/10 snapshots sharing following 16 elements

2/10 snapshots sharing following 19 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreQuery$ConstantScorer.docID(ConstantScoreQuery.java:201)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionSumScorer.countMatches(DisjunctionSumScorer.java:64)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionSumScorer.afterNext(DisjunctionSumScorer.java:55)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.nextDoc(DisjunctionScorer.java:139)

2/10 snapshots sharing following 17 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.ConstantScoreQuery$ConstantScorer.docID(ConstantScoreQuery.java:201)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.nextDoc(DisjunctionScorer.java:138)

2/10 snapshots sharing following 17 elements

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionSumScorer.afterNext(DisjunctionSumScorer.java:50)

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionScorer.nextDoc(DisjunctionScorer.java:139)

在 2014年9月4日星期四UTC+8下午6时18分01秒,王星龙写道:

Hi,everyone

again.

1.marvel basic monitor

2.gc monitor

3.hot thread

the work i have done:

1.the leap-second

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5a1f7bcc-af2a-4639-bd52-b52b36445c55%40googlegroups.com.

i just add the link of the second pic

在 2014年9月4日星期四UTC+8下午6时29分06秒,Mark Walkom写道:

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: ma...@campaignmonitor.com <javascript:>

On 4 September 2014 20:18, 王星龙 <xinglo...@upai.com <javascript:>> wrote:

Hi,everyone
I'm new to es ,i got a probem with es and tried a lot but still don't
know how to change the situation ,so i would be gratitude if you can
give me some advice about better performance of es searching

again.

1.marvel basic monitor

2.gc monitor

3.hot thread

the work i have done:

1.the leap-second

--
"elasticsearch" group.
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/cb463ea7-88d2-417e-b3d9-07256c2e3b6a%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/cb463ea7-88d2-417e-b3d9-07256c2e3b6a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/80aa4dd9-9452-467d-9731-ae09b97018dd%40googlegroups.com.

I just add the link of the second pic .

yes ,i can add more node to my cluster, but i want to know does i can do
something to improve the performance, like gc or something else ?

what do you mean by "close the old indexes" ? do you means to delete the
old indexs? if so ,does the old indexes influence the search ? because we
always search latest log (today's log), am i right?

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor

Hi,everyone

again.

1.marvel basic monitor

2.gc monitor

3.hot thread

the work i have done:

1.the leap-second

--
"elasticsearch" group.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/4a602b19-c4f8-4feb-bd1a-9d2fda627bef%40googlegroups.com.

I want to add cache for es request, but this function is coming to 1.4.0

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor

Hi,everyone

again.

1.marvel basic monitor

2.gc monitor

3.hot thread

the work i have done:

1.the leap-second

--
"elasticsearch" group.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/9dcc63a6-62aa-4691-9ca2-8493b9b8e450%40googlegroups.com.