Elasticsearch in heroku

I would like a help / example deploy elasticsearch in heroku.

I have already seen that there are some add ons like Bonsai, however as far as I can see it does not allow modifying elasticsearch.yml and kibana.yml and I need this to enable SSO with SAML.

I can do what I need locally with a docker-compose.yml I have already created and I have already seen some tutorials to deploy in heroku with Dockerfile and docker-compose but I have not been successful, I have found several errors. So I came here to know if anyone has done something like this or could indicate some material, I already searched a lot in google and without success too.

Do you want to run Elasticsearch yourself, or have it run for you.

Our Elastic Cloud Service offers a heroku addon for Elasticsearch: https://elements.heroku.com/addons/foundelasticsearch

1 Like

Tks @TimV

I need some customizations to add SSO with SAML to kibana, I need to be able to modify elasticsearch.yml and kibana.yml, so I did not use the bonsai. Also I'm working on a proof of concept and from what I've seen it does not have a trial or free version of foundelasticsearch and it would not be interesting to sign the add on before approving PoC.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.