Elasticsearch-keystore

I am not sure if this is the correct forum so please forgive me if not. I am trying to wrap my head around the elasticsearch keystore.
I set up some settings, I removed some settings, I added a new setting which I found was not correct. now I cannot even get the elasticsearch-keystore list command to work. Is there a way to reset it or what other things are depending on it?

You're going to need to be a bit more specific.

What exactly is broken right now?

• what command are you running?
  • what error are you getting?

im not sure what is broken. when I try to run

bin/elasticsearch-keystore list

I get ....
Exception in thread "main" ElasticsearchParseException[null-valued setting found for key [Set transport IP] found at line number [69], column number [18]]
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.validateValue(Settings.java:761)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.fromXContent(Settings.java:725)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.fromXContent(Settings.java:675)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.access$500(Settings.java:84)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromStream(Settings.java:1188)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromPath(Settings.java:1165)
at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.prepareEnvironment(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:100)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.createEnv(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:95)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:79)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.KeyStoreCli.main(KeyStoreCli.java:41)

I found an error in a log file and I am trying to remove this setting from the keystore.

[2018-07-30T13:51:06,663][INFO ][o.e.p.PluginsService ] [node-1] loaded module [x-pack-watcher]
[2018-07-30T13:51:06,663][INFO ][o.e.p.PluginsService ] [node-1] no plugins loaded
[2018-07-30T13:51:09,676][ERROR][o.e.b.Bootstrap ] Exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown secure setting [ad.bind.passwd] please check that any required plugins are ins talled, or check the breaking changes documentation for removed settings
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.AbstractScopedSettings.validate(AbstractScopedSettings.java:344) ~[elasticsea rch-6.3.2.jar:6.3.2]
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.AbstractScopedSettings.validate(AbstractScopedSettings.java:308) ~[elasticsea rch-6.3.2.jar:6.3.2]

Is there some other way to "clear" the elastic keystore of values?

You can simply delete the file and recreate it with elasticsearch-keystore create if that's what you want.

This looks like a problem in your elasticsearch.yml config file.
Check line 69 - it looks like you've made a mistake there.

Wow that error creeped in there. Thank you guys so much guys. Looks like I am getting it moving now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.