Update to 8.2.2 showing error in keystore-init

Currently testing to update elastic from 8.1.3 to 8.2.2, but when i tried to deploy with the latest version I'm getting this error.

Also getting the same error with version 8.2.0

I'm using the same cofiguration from 8.1.3, the only change is the docker image now is pointing to Elasticsearch:8.2.x

Exception in thread "main" org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchParseException: null-valued setting found for key [path.repo] found at line number [19], column number [8]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.validateValue(Settings.java:767)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.fromXContent(Settings.java:743)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.fromXContent(Settings.java:724)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.fromXContent(Settings.java:687)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromStream(Settings.java:1189)
	at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.loadConfigWithSubstitutions(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:140)
	at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.prepareEnvironment(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:54)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.createEnv(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:95)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.createEnv(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:81)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:112)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:95)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:112)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:77)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.keystore.KeyStoreCli.main(KeyStoreCli.java:33)

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Please share the entire error, as well as your Elasticsearch.yml.

I remove the path.repo from the values.yaml and then this start happening.

This errors are only happening in elastic 8.2.x

Exception in thread "main" org.elasticsearch.common.settings.SettingsException: Failed to load settings from [elasticsearch.yml]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromStream(Settings.java:1193)
	at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.loadConfigWithSubstitutions(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:140)
	at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.prepareEnvironment(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:54)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.createEnv(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:95)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.createEnv(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:81)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:112)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:95)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:112)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:77)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.keystore.KeyStoreCli.main(KeyStoreCli.java:33)
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.xcontent.XContentParseException: [29:17] while scanning an alias
 in 'reader', line 29, column 19:
        allow-origin: *
                      ^
unexpected character found

Also I guess is related to the update elastic apply to the:

Upgrade jackson for x-content to 2.13.2

After the upgrade of the jackson in release 8.2.0, errors with yaml parser start happening

this solved the issue for me.
add this double quotes: "*"
allow-origin: "*"

http:
  enabled: true
  compression: true
  cors:
    enabled: true
    allow-origin: "*"