Elasticsearch OpenNLP Ingest Processor plugin installation on Elasticsearch cloud service

Hello,
I'm trying to install OpenNLP Ingest Processor plugin on Elastic cloud.
But after uploading the zip file we have to download the model Manually.

IMPORTANT : If you are running this plugin with Elasticsearch 6.5.2 or newer, you need to download the NER models from sourceforge after installation.

To download the models, run the following under Linux and osx (this is in the bin directory of your Elasticsearch installation)

bin/ingest-opennlp/download-models

How can we achieve this step on the cloud ?

Please see https://www.elastic.co/cloud/elasticsearch-service/support on how to raise a support ticket for Elastic Cloud :slight_smile:

Thank you but I think that it could be very interesting to the community if someone plan to use the cloud of elastic, to have an answer here.

There is information about uploading custom plugins (which I assume this is) in the docs. Does this answer your question?

If this plugin requires additional steps I suspect this need to go through support as you do not have any direct access to the host.

Unfortunatly not.
The first step is quite easy. Juste upload the zip of a plugin works well.
The issue is when I want to add the external models of this specific plugin.
I'm sure it will not be complicated, but I just can't find the good way to do it.

As it is a managed service and you therefore do not have got direct access to the nodes/hosts I would expect adding models to need to be done by Elastic Cloud support.

Could it be possible to add them in the zip file at the good place, or to add it in another zip with the good configuration in the plugin?

I do not know how the uploaded zip files are deployed nor what checks and validations they go through. This is therefore something you need to contact support about.

Agreed. I suggest that once you have the answer from the support, you post here the answer?

My personal opinion is that it's not possible.

1 Like

I will David. as soon as I have an answer

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.