Elasticsearch plugin is red in Kibana

Hi Team,

I'm getting "Elasticsearch plugin is red error" and "[illegal_argument_exception] Rejecting mapping update to [.kibana] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [index-pattern, config]", while accessingKibana first time.

I have created single standalone cluster for Elastic search.

please see below Kibana logs (these are the few lines from log).

=================
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T12:42:56Z","tags":["info","elasticsearch"],"pid":15210,"typeName":"index-pattern","typeMapping":{"properties":{"fieldFormatMap":{"type":"text"},"fields":{"type":"text"},"intervalName":{"type":"keyword"},"notExpandable":{"type":"boolean"},"sourceFilters":{"type":"text"},"timeFieldName":{"type":"keyword"},"title":{"type":"text"}}},"message":"Adding mappings to kibana index for SavedObject type "index-pattern""}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T12:42:59Z","tags":["info","elasticsearch"],"pid":15210,"typeName":"index-pattern","typeMapping":{"properties":{"fieldFormatMap":{"type":"text"},"fields":{"type":"text"},"intervalName":{"type":"keyword"},"notExpandable":{"type":"boolean"},"sourceFilters":{"type":"text"},"timeFieldName":{"type":"keyword"},"title":{"type":"text"}}},"message":"Adding mappings to kibana index for SavedObject type "index-pattern""}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T12:43:01Z","tags":["info","elasticsearch"],"pid":15210,"typeName":"index-pattern","typeMapping":{"properties":{"fieldFormatMap":{"type":"text"},"fields":{"type":"text"},"intervalName":{"type":"keyword"},"notExpandable":{"type":"boolean"},"sourceFilters":{"type":"text"},"timeFieldName":{"type":"keyword"},"title":{"type":"text"}}},"message":"Adding mappings to kibana index for SavedObject type "index-pattern""}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T12:43:04Z","tags":["info","elasticsearch"],"pid":15210,"typeName":"index-pattern","typeMapping":{"properties":{"fieldFormatMap":{"type":"text"},"fields":{"type":"text"},"intervalName":{"type":"keyword"},"notExpandable":{"type":"boolean"},"sourceFilters":{"type":"text"},"timeFieldName":{"type":"keyword"},"title":{"type":"text"}}},"message":"Adding mappings to kibana index for SavedObject type "index-pattern""}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T12:43:06Z","tags":["info","elasticsearch"],"pid":15210,"typeName":"index-pattern","typeMapping":{"properties":{"fieldFormatMap":{"type":"text"},"fields":{"type":"text"},"intervalName":{"type":"keyword"},"notExpandable":{"type":"boolean"},"sourceFilters":{"type":"text"},"timeFieldName":{"type":"keyword"},"title":{"type":"text"}}},"message":"Adding mappings to kibana index for SavedObject type "index-pattern""}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T12:43:09Z","tags":["info","elasticsearch"],"pid":15210,"typeName":"index-pattern","typeMapping":{"properties":{"fieldFormatMap":{"type":"text"},"fields":{"type":"text"},"intervalName":{"type":"keyword"},"notExpandable":{"type":"boolean"},"sourceFilters":{"type":"text"},"timeFieldName":{"type":"keyword"},"title":{"type":"text"}}},"message":"Adding mappings to kibana index for SavedObject type "index-pattern""}

I'm very new to Elasticsearch and Kibana and configuring them first time. Please help me to know if there is something that I missed in my configuration.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

What version of ES, Kibana are you using. Can you please elaborate o the environment - OS, proxy etc ? .

Thanks
Rashmi

I'm running this on Ubuntu localhost.

Elasticsearch:

{
"name" : "My_Node-1",
"cluster_name" : "My Cluster",
"cluster_uuid" : "KaGSko1qSj6JvKSwShSHew",
"version" : {
"number" : "6.0.0",
"build_hash" : "8f0685b",
"build_date" : "2017-11-10T18:41:22.859Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "7.0.1",
"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "5.6.0",
"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "5.0.0"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Kibana:

$ sudo bin/kibana --version

Kibana Logs:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T13:47:35Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@5.6.0","info"],"pid":17660,"state":"yellow","message":"Status changed from red to yellow - No existing Kibana index found","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Unable to create Kibana index ".kibana""}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T13:47:35Z","tags":["status","ui settings","info"],"pid":17660,"state":"yellow","message":"Status changed from red to yellow - Elasticsearch plugin is yellow","prevState":"red","prevMsg":"Elasticsearch plugin is red"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T13:47:35Z","tags":["status","plugin:elasticsearch@5.6.0","error"],"pid":17660,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from yellow to red - Unable to create Kibana index ".kibana"","prevState":"yellow","prevMsg":"No existing Kibana index found"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2017-11-20T13:47:35Z","tags":["status","ui settings","error"],"pid":17660,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from yellow to red - Elasticsearch plugin is red","prevState":"yellow","prevMsg":"Elasticsearch plugin is yellow"}

I see that you are using Kibana 5.6.0 against ES 6.0 . You will not be able to create Kibana indices as stated in the error message against ES 6.0 . I would recommend you to upgrade Kibana to 6.0 as well.

You should be able to create then seamlessly.Do let us know if you face any issues further..

Thanks
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.