Elasticsearch Plugin is red

Hi,
I just downloaded kibana 5.1.1 alpha 5 and elasticsearch 5.1.1 alpha 5 version for windows. My problem is while going to localhost:5601, the status is red and under status breakdown, it says
plugin:elasticsearch@5.1.1
This version of kibana requires Elasticsearch v5.1.1 on all nodes. I found the following incompatible nodes in your cluster:

v5.0.0-alpha5 @127.0.0.1:9200 (127.0.0.1).

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't believe we ever released an alpha of 5.1.1?

Sorry. I mixed two versions of both :(. One in 5.0.0-alpha5 and another one is 5.1.1
I downloaded elasticsearch and kibana of both versions (Elasticsearch 5.0.0-alpha5 and Kibana 5.0.0-alpha5 for linux) and (Elasticsearch 5.1.1 and Kibana 5.1.1 for windows). And both are giving me same problem.

Is ES starting then? Check your logs.

Yes, Elasticsearch is started giving me:

{
"name" : "my_name",
"cluster_name" : "my_cluster_name",
"version" : {
"number" : "5.0.0-alpha5",
"build_hash" : "d327dd4",
"build_date" : "2016-08-04T08:59:39.568Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "6.1.0"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Resolved.

Explaining how may help other sin future.

Well, I was using these two versions together (Elasticsearch 5.0.0-alpha5 and Kibana 5.0.0-alpha5 for linux) and tried with these two as well (Elasticsearch 5.1.1 and Kibana 5.1.1 for windows) to see if problem still persists.
Using lower version of kibana, for example (kibana 4.6.3) helped in resolving the issue.
I hope someone finds this useful.

That doesn't really fix it, ES + KB 5.X will talk to each other.

Yes, I agree. I did not said that the issue is fixed. In my case, ES + KB 5.X are not talking to each other. That is just work around.
If anyone finds the issue, please mention how to fix that.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.