Install Issues

Just downloaded the most recent versions of Elasticsearch and Kibana (5.0.0), followed the install instructions and now can navigate to http://localhost:5601 and I see the Kibana interface. However, I get the following two issues in the Status Breakdown:
D Status
ui settings Elasticsearch plugin is red
plugin**:kibana@5.0.0** Ready
plugin:elasticsearch@5.0.0 This version of Kibana requires Elasticsearch v5.0.0 on all nodes. I found the following incompatible nodes in your cluster: v1.7.1 @ inet[/127.0.0.1:9200] (169.254.165.214)
plugin:console@5.0.0 Ready
plugin:timelion@5.0.0 Ready

The only issue I had with the instructions were that I could not get "sense" installed which after much searching in Google I found that I actually don't need it with the latest version of Kibana. Seems the install instructions are not complete and/or need some updating.

FYI, this is a brand new server install and I have never installed either of these products before so I'm not sure why Kibana is saying it see's a 1.7.1 version of Elasticsearch.

TIA,

Keith

What output do you get if you visit 127.0.0.1:9200 (or whatever the VM's IP is if this is a VM) in your browser?

I apologize for not responding earlier but I figured out the issue. So just in case anyone else stumbles upon this issue here is what happened.

The server in my lab I installed the Elastic stack on also has ColdFusion 2016 and the new ColdFusion API Manager. The API Manager uses Elasticsearch v1.7.1. So my inatll of Kibana was seeing the older version and alerting the errors. As this was just a development server I simply removed the API Manager install and Kibana was happy.

Thanks Matt for following up.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.