Elasticsearch remote cluster reindexing wildcard

Hi there,

I am trying to use -e reindex.remote.whitelist="*" in my docker run command to allow all domains in whitelist.
But I am getting the following error when I try to run this:-

Exception in thread "main" org.elasticsearch.common.settings.SettingsException: Failed to load settings from [overrides.yml]
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromStream(Settings.java:1230)
at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.loadOverrides(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:143)
at org.elasticsearch.node.InternalSettingsPreparer.prepareEnvironment(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:53)
at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.createEnv(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:110)
at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:54)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:85)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:94)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:85)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:50)
at org.elasticsearch.launcher.CliToolLauncher.main(CliToolLauncher.java:64)
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.xcontent.XContentParseException: [2:25] while scanning an alias
in 'reader', line 2, column 27:
reindex.remote.whitelist: *
^
unexpected character found
(10)
in 'reader', line 2, column 28:
reindex.remote.whitelist: *
^
Can someone please suggest the solution here.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @ANUBHAV_GUPTA

What version?

Pretty sure you have a syntax error you need host:port

Remote hosts have to be explicitly allowed in elasticsearch.yml using the reindex.remote.whitelist property. It can be set to a comma delimited list of allowed remote host and port combinations. Scheme is ignored, only the host and port are used. For example:

So if you want to allow everything ...

reindex.remote.whitelist: "*:9200"

or in your case

reindex.remote.whitelist="*:9200"

hi,

Version is 8.7.0,
This is working for me "'*:*'"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.