ElasticSearch sync two clusters

Hi all,
If anybody could help me i would be very grateful. Problem i have is next:
I have one cluster with 5 instances that's operational. It has over 10 TB of data and it creates snapshot every day. I created second cluster that's main purpose is disaster recovery. I managed to restore snapshot from original cluster without any problems. When i try to restore new snapshot on replica cluster it starts restoring from beginning and that takes a lot of time (aprox. 10 hours).
Original cluster is creating snapshot to s3 bucket, and replica is restoring from the same bucket. Replica has read-only rights on that bucket. Replica doesn't create snapshot.
Is there any way to have those two clusters in sync without big downtime on replica cluster?

yes, see cross-cluster replication

I saw this, and the only reason i haven't tried it is because the replica cluster version is 7.5 and the old one is 6.3. In prerequisites table says it's not compatible. Is there maybe a workaround?

I'm not aware of any workaround. Ideally you should upgrade the 6.3 cluster to 6.8 (which contains many bug fixes).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.