Elasticsearch throwing execption while starting

I am getting below error while starting elasticsearch version 5.0

indent preformatted text by 4 spacesException in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.properties.PropertiesConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(Lorg/apache/logging/log4j/core/LoggerContext;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/net/URI;)Lorg/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/Configuration;
    at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator$2.visitFile(LogConfigurator.java:154)
    at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator$2.visitFile(LogConfigurator.java:150)
    at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2670)
    at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator.configure(LogConfigurator.java:150)
    at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator.configure(LogConfigurator.java:122)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:307)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:132)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:123)
    at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:67)
    at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:134)
    at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:91)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:84)

Kindly help to fix this.

Regards
Kishore Uppala

What did you download exactly?
Why 5.0?
How did you install it?
How do you start it?

/usr/share/elasticsearch-2/lib/elasticsearch-2.4.1.jar ( earlier version and later updated)

wget https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-5.0.0.zip

yum update elasticsearch

/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch &

I'm confused.

Are you mixing versions?

Again why 5.0.0? Latest is 5.6.0.

yum update elasticsearch does not refer to the thing you downloaded.

I'm afraid I can't help without understanding what you do exactly... May be others are understanding and can help?

Latest might be 5.6 but we are using 5.0.0 in our production.

But you mentioned that you updated, right?

Why updating to an already old and buggy version?

Can we have a look at your elasticsearch.yml?

5.0.0 is buggy?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.