Exception while installing plugin

I am trying to install plugins, getting below error.

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.builder()Lorg/elasticsearch/common/settings/Settings$Builder;

•    at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginManagerCliParser.main(PluginManagerCliParser.java:60)"*

Kindly help me in solving this.

Version? How did you install it?

Upgraded to Elasticsearch version from 1.5.0 to 2.1.1 by Elastic given process and upgraded java version from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0
Step 1) rm -rf plugins/
2) cd /usr/share/elasticsearch
3)./bin/plugin install mobz/elasticsearch-head
The above process was worked in other instance.

May be your bin/plugin script has not been updated correctly? Or your elasticsearch installation has been incorrectly updated?

How did you "upgrade"?

Yes David, Might be problem with bin/plugin script, can you please suggest what changes do i have to make to the config file after upgradation.

I got stuck here since long back.

Despite this topic is old, I'll post the answer here. Wish someone did that already :slight_smile:

I've had exactly the same problem. The reason was that I upgraded elastic by copying 2.4 into 1.5.2 folder, and ended up having both 1.5 and 2.4 jars in lib folder. Remove everything lib, modules folders and do a fresh copy, this should fix the problem.