Error while installing Plugin

Hello

I am currently trying to install a custom plugin in elasticsearch 6.5.4 and Java 11, windows server 2012 R2. Upon running install plugin command the following error occurs. Any thoughts? Below is my plugin-descriptor file.

D:\apps\elasticsearch-6.5.4\bin>elasticsearch-plugin install file:///D:/apps/elasticsearchScripts/elasticsearch.zip
-> Downloading file:///D:/apps/elasticsearchScripts/elasticsearch.zip
[=================================================] 100%
Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: D:\apps\elasticsearch-6.5.4\plugins.installing-8588432668017145940\plugin-descriptor.properties
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:85)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:231)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:370)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:421)
at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:420)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Files.java:155)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginInfo.readFromProperties(PluginInfo.java:162)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.loadPluginInfo(InstallPluginCommand.java:713)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.installPlugin(InstallPluginCommand.java:792)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.install(InstallPluginCommand.java:775)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:231)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:216)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:77)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginCli.main(PluginCli.java:47)

plugin-descriptor file:

description=ConversionsAndFiltersPlugin
version=10.0
name=ConversionsAndFilters
classname=org.randomcompany.elasticsearch.nativescripts.plugin.ConversionsAndFiltersPlugin
java.version=11
elasticsearch.version=6.5.4
extended.plugins=
has.native.controller=false

Can you list files in your plugin .zip files?

Igor, thanks for making me revisit this...

The problem was that the .zip file contained folder plus the .jar and .properties files.

making a new zip only with the .jar and .properties file (as supposed to) resolved the problem....

we can close this one and i will try to leave behind how dumb I feel as of now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support, keep it up !

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.