Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/.installing-2424676764641674618/plugin-descriptor.properties

When I install license-2.4.6.zip on RHEL 7, I get this error:

[root@sldbuetmora01 ~]# /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install file:/root/license-2.4.6.zip
-> Downloading file:/root/license-2.4.6.zip
[=================================================] 100%
Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/.installing-1191312640426963828/plugin-descriptor.properties
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:214)
at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:361)
at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:407)
at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:384)
at java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Files.java:152)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginInfo.readFromProperties(PluginInfo.java:162)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.loadPluginInfo(InstallPluginCommand.java:713)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.installPlugin(InstallPluginCommand.java:792)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.install(InstallPluginCommand.java:775)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:231)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:216)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:77)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginCli.main(PluginCli.java:47)

I have the same issue, I tryed a lot of options given in another forum, but nothing works for me

I'm a bit confused about versions here:

The use of elasticsearch-plugin implies that you're running a version of Elasticsearch 5.x or newer.
But you're trying to install the 2.4.6 license plugin.

That's not going to work.
What version of Elasticsearch are you running, and what are you trying to achieve by installing the (very old) license plugin?

Actually my issue is with a different plugin, I am trying to install

And I have installed ElasticSearch 6.4.3

What is the error you get when trying to install that plugin? That is not the same as your output shows in your original post.

However, the original error you saw is because you had a failed/aborted plugin installation. You need to delete that /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/.installing-1191312640426963828 directory.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.