Elasticsearch using Java

I have a use case where i want to make search within the billions of records. I wanted to display that much data on my UI. I knw i can do with pagination but the thing is data is huge nd we dont want to create any performance issue.

I was planning to use Elasticserach with java api but not sure how i can design. Please let me know if following solution will work

1. Read the data from Oracle database and provide to Elasticserach engine. I think Elasticserach engine will store the data in documents.

2. Write Elasticserach client in java code and make request for search. So search will happene on Elastic engine side and not the actual database.

Not sure how to implement this. Can someone guide me here. I did some research and i found the client code to make search request not the actual one which will make database hit and store in Elasticserach engine in java.

Not sure I fully understood.
You can read http://david.pilato.fr/blog/2015/05/09/advanced-search-for-your-legacy-application/ which might help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.