ELK and mysql geopoint

Hello,

I need to create a kibana dashboard with a coordinate map.
I import data from a mysql database with latitude and longitute.
But I can't create a field type "geo_point", and after a long search I come to ask you for help.

thank you.

Unless your field is called geoip you will need a template that defines your field to be a geo_point. This thread might help you. (The details of mappings have changed a little since I wrote that.)

thank you for your reply but when i try to put the template i got this error
Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [_default_ : {properties={location={type=geo_point}}}]

That's now an elasticsearch question. I cannot test this but I think it would now be

{
  "index_patterns": ["someIndex*"],
  "mappings": {
    "properties": {
      "location": {
        "type": "geo_point"
      }
    }
  }
}

If that does not work I would head over to the elasticsearch forum and ask what the mapping should look like.

it's ok with that but now when i import date i have this error
elasticsearch - Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>"196366", :_index=>"index", :_type=>"reporting", :routing=>nil}, #<LogStash::Event:0xa9f0db3>], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"index", "_type"=>"reporting", "_id"=>"196366", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"illegal_argument_exception", "reason"=>"mapper [location] of different type, current_type [geo_point], merged_type [ObjectMapper]"}}}}

Not sure, I would take it over to the elasticsearch forum.

Ok thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.