Elsaticsearch everyday, first search is slow and rest are fine

My first search every morning is very slow and the rest of the searches for that day is good. I have read few related questions, answers are too old.

Could you please help me with this.

Thank you!!

Hi @shani_angarkadu

Can you provide more information about your configuration does your server start just before making the search? Do you run a snapshot during the search? What is your search? if you run the same request later in the day is it same speed?
How much is it slow? How much time does it take?

Too much question. :grin:

1. does your server start just before making the search? Server is always up.
  2. Do you run a snapshot during the search? No, the Indexes are updated once in a week.
  3. What is your search? just a GET call with few search words
  4. if you run the same request later in the day is it same speed? Nope. it takes only 9 secs
  5. How much is it slow? around 38 sec higher than the regular 9 sec

:hushed:

9 sec is slow, you have lot of data and it take time to build the cache!!

More question:

which version?
How much data?
If you run a GET my_index/my_doc/1 is it normal speed <--- simple get by id which is usually fast < 0.01 sec
if it's slow you can remove the source as explain in the documentation, it can help to understand if your documents are big and make things slow.

It has 25 million records and search is on text fields but first search is like 38 secs.

Could you tell:

• What kind of hardware do you have? SSD drives, spinning disks, network drive?
  • What is a typical query you are running?
  • What does a typical document look like?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.