Empty row in the patter when creating an index and undefined value out field name

Hello, when creating a new index as follows:

PUT index-name

The index is generated correctly but when generating the pattern, I see an empty row.

I'm not sure if this is what is causing the documents to have an empty row undefined.
Erro2

I don't know why this is happening but I think it shouldn't happen, could you help me?

If you need more info, do not hesitate to request it, I will be attentive.

Thank.

Hi @Jaime_Teixido

What version of Elastic Stack are you seeing this occur on?

Are you certain that whatever pattern you are using for the index pattern is only matching the newly created index-name index and not some other index out there?

Hi,
Yes, I am sure and it happens every time I create an index and create a pattern to it, without having added any document or anything similar.

My version is v7.14.1.

Thanks.

Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce, also on 7.14.1.

Does the mapping for your new index show that blank field? (In DevTools GET index-name/_mapping)

Hi,
I have executed what you told me:

GET index-name/_mapping

and i get the next response:

{
  "index-name" : {
    "mappings" : { }
  }
}

I hope the information helps you determine what the problem may be.

Thanks.

Ok. Can you delete the index pattern and recreate it?

On the second step of creating the pattern you should see this message that the matching indices really don't have any fields

Hi,

I am going to comment on all the flow that I carry out to create the new index.

PUT test-index

Now i create the pattern:

and when enter on patter i see the empty row

Thanks.

Hi @corey.robertson ,
Somen one solution for this?

Thanks.

Hmm, so strange.

Can you share a screenshot of the first step of creating the index pattern where you're choosing the name?

Is this on a fresh elasticsearch instance or is this an existing cluster?

Hi,
The first step is the name of the index patern, i try to create full name index or with index-* to take more of one, and all get the the empty row value.

The elastichsearch is a unique install i have in my server.

If u need some info of config files of the server or similar tell me.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.