Enterprise Search - Configure Kibana to trust your SSL CA

Kibana cannot find or does not trust the SSL certificates for Enterprise Search

Kibana logs the following:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-09-28T17:42:11+00:00","tags":["error","plugins","enterpriseSearch"],"pid":1220,"message":"Could not perform access check to Enterprise Search: FetchError: request to https://enterprise-search:3002/api/ent/v2/internal/client_config failed, reason: unable to verify the first certificate"}

I tried to modify kibana.yml to include enterpriseSearch.ssl.VerificationMode: none as a last resort, but kibana fails to start with FATAL Error: [config validation of [enterpriseSearch].ssl]: definition for this key is missing) .
I see the same error when I try to pass a ca certificate (elasticsearch.ssl.certificateAuthorities: and elasticsearch.ssl.verificationMode: certificate)

ElasticSearch and Kibana version: 7.12
EnterpriseSearch version: 7.12

Hi @rajkeshav,

It looks like you may be reading documentation for a more recent version of Enterprise Search than you are using. In the latest version (Configure SSL/TLS | Elastic Enterprise Search Documentation [8.2] | Elastic) the fields for enterpriseSearch.ssl.* are available, but in 7.12, you should be using:

You may want to just upgrade to 7.17 or 8.2, especially if you're wanting to use Enterprise Search through Kibana.

Hi Sean. I was able to resolve this by using version 8. Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.