Enterprise search is working perfectly on local server. How to get internet endpoint?

Today I successfully installed enterprise app search on a Google cloud instance. I tested it on localhost:3002 and working perfectly including indexing & searches through reference UI.

But the problem is how can I get the proper endpoint url, so that any one on internet can search the documents indexed on it. Currently it is showing localhost:3002 as endpoint. But it works only locally on the server. Elastic cloud app search gives a proper endpoint url like https://aws.com/api/enginename/......

Can anyone please point me to a guide on this topic?

Make sure the port is listening on the external interface, not just localhost. (or all interfaces). The default config looks like it just listens on localhost.

Check firewall rules.

Not exactly related to your question but did you look at Cloud by Elastic, also available if needed from Google Marketplace ?

Cloud by elastic is one way to have access to all features, all managed by us. Think about what is there yet like Security, Monitoring, Reporting, SQL, Canvas, Maps UI, Alerting and built-in solutions named Observability, Security, Enterprise Search and what is coming next :slight_smile: ...

So in few clicks you can have the whole service up and running and managed :wink:

I know that it doesn't answer your question but I thought it might worth sharing.

1 Like