Enterprise Search Users (Login Default Redirect to Kibana)

Hi Team,
I'm inviting new users (Editors, Analysts) to our AppSearch workspace. They are reporting an issue while accepting the invite and setting their password, the problem is that the authentication process redirects their session to Kibana, and they are getting an "Error Page - Unable to access the Application". Is there any way to default the redirect to Enterprise Search?

Elastic Cloud Instance (Version 8.4.2)

Carlos.

Hi @Carlos_Redondo I'm not sure I understand. Ever since 8.0.0, the Enterprise Search UI has lived in Kibana. See the 8.0.0 release notes.

Have you made any configuration changes around Authentication Realms for your deployment? By default in Elastic Cloud, you should be able to log in with SAML (logging in from Elastic Cloud) and Native (used by App Search invitations). The flow should look like this:

1. Create a new user:
  2. the new user follows the invite link, and sets a password:
  3. After clicking "accept invitation" they choose to log in with Elasticsearch (using that Native realm):
  4. They enter their username and password:
  5. This logs them into kibana, where they can access Enterprise Search:

If you're still having issues, can you upload some screenshots or a screen recording gif?

Hi @Sean_Story,
First of all, thanks for your reply. I'm following the same flow you are sharing, and it works as expected. The issue I'm experiencing is immediately after the user logout. They ended up landing on a Login page, if they try to log in again right from that login page, they are redirected to Kibana (not ES), ending up with an Error Page because they are not allowed for KB, which is good, but we're getting questions from users running into this flow.

Looks like external ES users must bookmark the ES link and use it always they want to initiate a session.

Carlos.

Can you share a screenshot of the error page?

They ended up landing on a Login page, if they try to log in again right from that login page, they are redirected to Kibana (not ES)

This is the part that doesn't make sense to me - Kibana is the UI for Enterprise Search/App Search. Your App Search users should be able to login to Kibana at <kibana-ur>/login. Where else are you expecting them to login from?

Here is the error page:

This is where users should be redirected:

Carlos.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.