Error activating rule (api key name is required)

Hi,

after following the official tutorial for enabling detection rules (Detections (beta) | SIEM Guide [7.8] | Elastic), I get the following error: * *[action_request_validation_exception] Validation Failed: 1: api key name is required;* *

What am I missing?

Hey @volundr :wave:

Would you please provide some additional information so we can help you with the issue?

1. What is your Kibana/Elasticsearch Stack version?
  2. What is your installation method? Cloud or on-prem?
  3. Do you see any errors in Kibana logs?

Thanks for your quick reply. Here is the info:

1. What is your Kibana/Elasticsearch Stack version?
    Kibana: 7.7 / Elasticsearch: "number" : "7.15.2"
  2. What is your installation method? Cloud or on-prem?
    On-Prem
  3. Do you see any errors in Kibana logs?

I see that you use pretty outdated Kibana, eight versions behind Elasticsearch. Generally, it's recommended to have your stack versions in sync, so I suggest upgrading Kibana to 7.15.2. Having different versions could cause all sorts of incompatibility issues. Also, please check if you have all the prerequisites, including xpack.encryptedSavedObjects.encryptionKey and xpack.security.enabled config opttions.

Thanks Dmitrii, I'll try to upgrade Kibana first. The reason I haven't done it in the first place is because ES and Kibana are installed on a Raspberry Pi 4 and the only version I managed to install was 7.7 with NodeJS 10.19.0 ver.

I don't know what would be the corresponding NodeJS ver. for 7.15.2?

Thanks a lot.

Oh, wow. You've managed to run Kibana + ES on Raspberry Pi, that's impressive :slight_smile:

I don't know what would be the corresponding NodeJS ver. for 7.15.2?

You'll need NodeJS v. 14.18.1.

hehe yeah, it was a bumpy road, but once you get it installed, it works like a charm to be honest, but with older Kibana (7.7) and older version of NodeJS ....

Let me try your advice and I'll see how it goes :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your support.

Sure, no problem. Good luck with upgrading!

1 Like

Yup, this is the current issue with 14.18.1:

node js issue I would say.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.