Error Activating Self-Monitoring in ElasticSearch 7.10

Hello all,
I am setting up a new production environment with ElasticSearch version 7.10.
At this moment we only have 2 servers running
When I try to activate Self Monitoring I always get the same error:
"We couldn't activate monitoring
No monitoring data found. Try setting the time filter to "Last 1 hour" or check if data is available for a different time period.
If data is in your cluster, your monitoring dashboards will show up here. "

A few seconds later I get the following error:
"[illegal_argument_exception] unknown type for collapse field cluster_uuid, only keywords and numbers are accepted (and) [illegal_argument_exception] unknown type for collapse field cluster_uuid, only keywords and numbers are accepted: Check the Elasticsearch Monitoring cluster network connection or the load level of the nodes. "

The indices we have are:
//
GET _cat / indices / .monitoring-en- *
green open .monitoring-en-7-2021.01.29 5EBtCwKCRtS3epUdWkxKJQ 1 1 80253 123984 135.4mb 66.4mb
green open .monitoring-en-7-2021.01.28 h4l08hVMSK2zx9Z-LDuywQ 1 1 79520 117952 137.6mb 68.4mb

GET /.monitoring-es-7-2021.01.28/_mapping/field/cluster_uuid
{
".monitoring-en-7-2021.01.28": {
"mappings": {
"cluster_uuid": {
"full_name": "cluster_uuid",
"mapping": {
"type": "text",
"fields": {
"keyword": {
"type": "keyword",
"ignore_above": 256
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
//

How can I fix this error? I have tried to clear the indices to see if they are generated correctly afterwards, and this has not solved the problem

What I don't understand is, why are these indices being generated in the wrong way?

For now we can lose the monitoring indices ...

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Can you elaborate a little more on what you are doing to activate this please?

When I go to the Stack Monitoring in Kibana Menu:

I go to Self Monittoring as I am doing in other environs:

Then the error appears as I said in the previous mail.

`[illegal_argument_exception] unknown type for collapse field `cluster_uuid`, only keywords and numbers are accepted (and) [illegal_argument_exception] unknown type for collapse field `cluster_uuid`, only keywords and numbers are accepted (and) [illegal_argument_exception] unknown type for collapse field `cluster_uuid`, only keywords and numbers are accepted: Check the Elasticsearch Monitoring cluster network connection or the load level of the nodes.`

GET _cat / indices / .monitoring-en- *

green open .monitoring-en-7-2021.01.29 5EBtCwKCRtS3epUdWkxKJQ 1 1 80253 123984 135.4mb 66.4mb
green open .monitoring-en-7-2021.01.28 h4l08hVMSK2zx9Z-LDuywQ 1 1 79520 117952 137.6mb 68.4mb

GET /.monitoring-es-7-2021.01.28/_mapping/field/cluster_uuid
{
".monitoring-en-7-2021.01.28": {
"mappings": {
"full_name": "cluster_uuid",
"mapping": {
"type": "text",
"fields": {
"keyword": {
"type": "keyword",
"ignore_above": 256
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

What you need more?

Sorry the problem was an index template, i deleted this template and all works fine...

Thanks all

Best Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.