Error after upgrading to Kibana 4.2 - Full page does not render

Here's the error log from Kibana

FATAL CLI ERROR YAMLException: can not read a block mapping entry; a multiline key may not be an implicit key at line 73, column 1:

^
at generateError (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:160:10)
at throwError (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:166:9)
at readBlockMapping (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1027:9)
at composeNode (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1315:12)
at readDocument (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1478:3)
at loadDocuments (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1538:5)
at load (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1555:19)
at Object.safeLoad (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1573:10)
at module.exports (/opt/kibana/src/cli/serve/readYamlConfig.js:43:19)
at Command.callee$1$0$ (/opt/kibana/src/cli/serve/serve.js:66:22)
at tryCatch (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
at invoke (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)
at enqueueResult (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:185:17)
at new Promise (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/core-js/modules/es6.promise.js:183:7)

I'm not sure where to go from here

This seems to be choking on your kibana.yml file. Can you upload yours? Just make sure to change any secure config values (e.g. shield credentials) before uploading.

Check line 73 of your config.

I had the same problem (among others), and found that the kibana.yml file that came with the kibana-4.2.0-linux-x64.tar.gz file I used to upgrade, had this at the bottom:

# Set this to true to log all events, including system usage information and all requests.
# logging.verbose

I saw the error when I uncommented the last line to turn on logging. It was missing the colon and 'true'. After I added the missing parts, it worked fine.

# Set this to true to log all events, including system usage information and all requests.
logging.verbose: true

My config file had 72 lines

I decided to uplift to Kibana 4.3 and see if that fixed it. It did. Everything is now working as expected.

Thanks for the help everyone!