Error after upgrading to Kibana 4.2 - Full page does not render


#1

Here's the error log from Kibana

FATAL CLI ERROR YAMLException: can not read a block mapping entry; a multiline key may not be an implicit key at line 73, column 1:

^
at generateError (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:160:10)
at throwError (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:166:9)
at readBlockMapping (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1027:9)
at composeNode (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1315:12)
at readDocument (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1478:3)
at loadDocuments (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1538:5)
at load (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1555:19)
at Object.safeLoad (/opt/kibana/node_modules/js-yaml/lib/js-yaml/loader.js:1573:10)
at module.exports (/opt/kibana/src/cli/serve/readYamlConfig.js:43:19)
at Command.callee$1$0$ (/opt/kibana/src/cli/serve/serve.js:66:22)
at tryCatch (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
at invoke (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)
at enqueueResult (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:185:17)
at new Promise (/opt/kibana/node_modules/babel-core/node_modules/core-js/modules/es6.promise.js:183:7)

I'm not sure where to go from here


(Court Ewing) #2

This seems to be choking on your kibana.yml file. Can you upload yours? Just make sure to change any secure config values (e.g. shield credentials) before uploading.


(Mark Walkom) #3

Check line 73 of your config.


(Don Dusza) #4

I had the same problem (among others), and found that the kibana.yml file that came with the kibana-4.2.0-linux-x64.tar.gz file I used to upgrade, had this at the bottom:

# Set this to true to log all events, including system usage information and all requests.
# logging.verbose

I saw the error when I uncommented the last line to turn on logging. It was missing the colon and 'true'. After I added the missing parts, it worked fine.

# Set this to true to log all events, including system usage information and all requests.
logging.verbose: true

#5

My config file had 72 lines

I decided to uplift to Kibana 4.3 and see if that fixed it. It did. Everything is now working as expected.

Thanks for the help everyone!


(system) #6