Error installing plugin contrib

I'm having trouble installing the plugin contrib in logstash . It returns me the following error: plugin contrib does not exist. Can someone help me?

Thank you.

What exact command are you running?

First I go to the logstash installation directory, / opt / logstash and I type the command bin/plugin install contrib.

Now is returning me the error: ERROR: File /opt/logstash/Gemfile does not exist or is not writable, aborting.

First I go to the logstash installation directory, / opt / logstash and I type the command bin/plugin install contrib.

There is no plugin named "contrib". Where did you read about that?

Now is returning me the error: ERROR: File /opt/logstash/Gemfile does not exist or is not writable, aborting.

Are you running the command as yourself rather than as root?

1 Like

I read about the "contrib" on a website talking about elk stack. It tells me I need this plugin to be able to run the filters, such as grok, match, grep. To use them a specific plugin is necessary?

That information is very outdated and the grep filter is deprecated since at least two years. Most filters you'll need all included and the rest can be installed by following the instructions on elastic.co.