Error repository verification exception

Hi there, I use Elasticsearch 6.x

I follow this tutorial: https://badshah.io/backup-and-restore-elasticsearch-cluster-using-gcs/

But I got an error repository_verification_exception After I create a repository

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "type": "repository_verification_exception",
        "reason": "[backup] [[Z_bopU6OSbuJZnTYUewk_Q, 'RemoteTransportException[[hostname1][IP_ES:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup] missing];']]"
      }
    ],
    "reason": "[backup] [[Z_bopU6OSbuJZnTYUewk_Q, 'RemoteTransportException[[hostname1][IP_ES:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup] missing];']]"
  },
  "status": 500
}

Command that I use to create repository

curl -X PUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"type": "gcs", "settings": {"bucket": "backup_elastic", "base_path": "es-backup"} }' localhost:9200/_snapshot/backup

I already search in google for this error, but I still I can't find the answer. Maybe someone in here can help me.
Thanks!

Hello,
@Fourir_Akbar
Please check the Permission for the repository

Regards

Hi @shrikantgulia, thanks for the reply.
Hmm but where is the repository located? By the way, I'm not adding path.repo configuration in elasticsearch.yml

You may need to check this? https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/plugins/current/repository-gcs-usage.html#repository-gcs-service-authentication

Hi @dadoonet, thanks for the repoly
I also try that, but I got same error in the last step.. same error..

I honestly don't know then. May be @ikakavas knows?

Can you be more clear ? What is "that" in "I also try that" ?

Also going back to the original post, it is not clear when you get the error, trying to do what? Creating the repository or taking a snapshot.

Can you please start fresh, create the repository again and copy paste here all the commands your are executing and the responses you get from elasticsearch? The more information you give,the easier it is for folks in the forums to help you out !

2 Likes

Hmm, I'm sorry @ikakavas for the unclear information.

I mean "that" is link @dadoonet give to me -> https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/plugins/current/repository-gcs-usage.html#repository-gcs-service-authentication

I got an error when creating a repository. This is my command to create a repository:

curl -X PUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"type": "gcs", "settings": {"bucket": "backup_elastic", "base_path": "es-backup"} }' localhost:9200/_snapshot/backup

After I hit enter, I got an error:

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "reason": "[backup] [[Z_bopU6OSbuJZnTYUewk_Q, 'RemoteTransportException[[ms-esdata-flightsearch1][10.145.128.198:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup] missing];']]"
      }
    ],
    "reason": "[backup] [[Z_bopU6OSbuJZnTYUewk_Q, 'RemoteTransportException[[ms-esdata-flightsearch1][10.145.128.198:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup] missing];']]"
  },
  "status": 500
}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.