ERROR: Too Many Requests - rejected execution of org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService on EsThreadPoolExecutor

during peak time once a day i may have +3000 clients indexing documents using NEST client and i see lot of connection fails with these errors. are both related? how can increase resources to avoid this? just have one node ES 5.2.

# ServerError: ServerError: 429Type: es_rejected_execution_exception Reason: "rejected execution of org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$7@16399044 on EsThreadPoolExecutor[index, queue capacity = 200, org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.EsThreadPoolExecutor@49aa71ba[Running, pool size = 4, active threads = 4, queued tasks = 200, completed tasks = 1521828]]"
# OriginalException: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.

and also see this

# OriginalException: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x40645d20 + 0x00197> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () <0x4063c200 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Elasticsearch.Net.HttpConnection.Request[TReturn] (Elasticsearch.Net.RequestData requestData) <0x4062a000 + 0x0029f> in <filename unknown>:0 
# Request:
<Request stream not captured or already read to completion by serializer. Set DisableDirectStreaming() on ConnectionSettings to force it to be set on the response.>
# Response:
<Response stream not captured or already read to completion by serializer. Set DisableDirectStreaming() on ConnectionSettings to force it to be set on the response.>

You will need to add more resources to your cluster.
More nodes or increase the size of the one you have.

But the node has 4CPUs and 8GB RAM. maximum cpu usage is 60% during that peak time the rest of the day sever is idle and memory usage now is:

# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           7823        2936         481           3        4404        4605
Swap:          2047         161        1886

what should i increase? just memory? do i need to change any config settings to increase limits?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.