Error verifyng S3 repository with client name different from "default"

Hi all,
while configuring an S3 repository on my elasticsearch cluster (version 7.2) I get error " Unknown s3 client name [elk4cohe]. Existing client configs: default "

Note: I'm trying to use an on-prem S3 storage (cohesity) but I think it's not particulary relevant for this case.

Here's the code:

curl -XPUT "localhost:9200/_snapshot/cohe_repopoc01" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
  "type": "s3",
  "settings": {
    "bucket": "bucketelk01",
    "endpoint": "setcohclu2-bk862.sede.corp.sanpaoloimi.com:3000",
    "protocol" : "https",
    "client" : "elk4cohe"  
  }
}'

Indeed the cluster succedeed into create the bucket but just after that it try to verify it and failed. Final result is the error I reported at first.

I can also see the new repository from the GUI and generate the same error trying to verify it.

Thank you all for your attention
Ale R

.up.

Has no one ever experienced such a problem?

.up.

Have you defined a client called elk4cohe? I.e. have you set any client settings? Things like these:

s3.client.elk4cohe.endpoint (in elasticsearch.yml)
s3.client.elk4cohe.access_key (in the keystore)
s3.client.elk4cohe.secret_key (in the keystore)

It's not very easy to help when you have only shared a cropped screenshot of the response. It's always useful to see the whole response, and screenshots are difficult for some of us to read (e.g. if using a screenreader).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.