Error when installing plugin

Hello,

I'm trying to install logstash-input-jms plugin but when I run the commando logstash-plugin install --no-verify logstash-input-jms I'm receiving the following message:

Installing logstash-input-jms
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 1/10
An error occurred while installing semantic_logger (4.0.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
ERROR: Installation Aborted, message: An error occurred while installing semantic_logger (4.0.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install semantic_logger -v '4.0.0' succeeds before bundling.

So, investigating the problem I've try to execute the command mentioned in the error using gem that inside logstash (vendor/jruby/bin/gem) and I've received the following message when I tried to run the command to install semantic_logger

gem install semantic_logger -v '4.0.0'
Fetching: concurrent-ruby-1.0.5-java.gem (100%)
Successfully installed concurrent-ruby-1.0.5-java
Fetching: semantic_logger-4.0.0.gem (100%)
ERROR: Error installing semantic_logger:
semantic_logger requires Ruby version >= 2.1.

I could see that logstash-5.2.2 uses jruby 1.7.25.

jruby.bat --version
jruby 1.7.25 (1.9.3p551) 2016-04-13 867cb81 on Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_121-b13 +jit [Windows 10-amd64]

One week ago I could install this plugin without problems but now I can't. I also noticed that a new version of semantic_logger (4.0.0) was released two days ago, probably something changed and that's the reason of the problem but I have no idea of how to solve it.

Maybe a way to workaround this is force to use semantic_logger 3.4.1 instead of new version 4.0.0 but I don't know if is possible to force a specific version of a dependency when installing the plugin.

Does anybody knows how to make it work?

Thanks

What version of LS are you using?

The plugin was upgraded to solve this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.