Error when trying to start kibana 6.2.4

Running on Ubuntu 16.4

Elastic version: 6.2.4

Kibana version: 6.2.4

Elastic is up and running on port 9200.

Kibana suddenly stopped working, I am trying to run the start command: sudo systemctl start kibana.service and I get the following error in the service stdout(journalctl -fu kibana.service):

Started Kibana.
Aug 27 12:54:33 ubuntuserver systemd[1]: kibana.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 27 12:54:33 ubuntuserver systemd[1]: kibana.service: Unit entered failed state.
Aug 27 12:54:33 ubuntuserver systemd[1]: kibana.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 27 12:54:33 ubuntuserver systemd[1]: kibana.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Aug 27 12:54:33 ubuntuserver systemd[1]: Stopped Kibana.
No details on this log.

My yaml configuration has only this props:

server.port: 5601
server.host: "0.0.0.0"
I also have tried writing to a log file(hoping for more info there), I tried adding this configurations:

logging.dest: /var/log/kibana/kibana.log
logging.verbose: true
I gave the folder/file full access control but nothing is being written there(still writing to the stdout)

That is really odd - there really should be at least something in the logs from Kibana. I really hate to suggest it, but are you able to re-install Kibana?

already done, and finished with it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.