ES 5.1.1- Using slices with the reindex from remote

(Tomas) #1

I'm testing a 1.7.5 migration to 5.1 using the reindex-from-remote upgrade path. I tried to use automatic slicing with the Reindex API.

curl -XPOST localhost:9200/_reindex?slices=24 -d '{
    "source": {
        "index": "index_name",
        "remote": {
            "host": "http://remote-es-cluster:9200"
        }
    },
    "dest": {
        "index": "index_name"
    }
}'
{
  "error": {
    "reason": "Validation Failed: 1: reindex from remote sources doesn't support workers > 1 but was [24];",
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "reason": "Validation Failed: 1: reindex from remote sources doesn't support workers > 1 but was [24];",
        "type": "action_request_validation_exception"
      }
    ],
    "type": "action_request_validation_exception"
  },
  "status": 400
}

I previously used manual slicing successfully and I was looking forward to replacing that with auto slicing. Maybe I misunderstood and auto slicing was never supposed to work with reindex from remote? Any input would appreciated.

(Yannick Welsch) #2

Looking at the linked comment on the PR implementing the change, it looks to me like the feature is just not implemented yet:

(Tomas) #3

So it didn't get included in the v5.1.1 release? There is a mention of this feature in the release notes and there are documentation about it. Maybe the docs and release notes should be updated to reflect that it isn't released yet :slight_smile:

(Yannick Welsch) #4

well, it's just not supporting reindex-from-remote yet. /cc: @nik9000

(Tomas) #5

I see. Might be an ok idea to point that out in the docs until it get's implemented.

(Yannick Welsch) #6

I see. Might be an ok idea to point that out in the docs until it get's implemented.

I completely agree with that.

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.