ES 7.4 rollups jobs for new created indexes

Hi,

we're looking to use the rollups functionality (on ES 7.4) in order the reduce size of the data for our search queries.
We have a monthly lifecycle strategy for our data: each month data is stored in a separated index with a naming [index_name]_[year]-[month]. We usually execute search queries using a group of these indices, and want to replace this searches using a rollup index plus 1 or 2 indexes.
In order to do this, we are trying to create a rollup job using as "index_pattern": [index_name]_*. The documents for existent indices are processed by the job, but no document included on a new index created after the job.
If we create another job after the new index is created, these new documents are processed.
We also wanted to use data filtered using a filter alias, created with similar naming pattern on each index, and using a similar value for "index_pattern", but same issue.

Is it possible for a rollup job configured with a "index_pattern" to process data for future indices to be created (that apply in the same "index_pattern")? Or only it processed new data for the existent indices when the job was created?

Any suggestion to what we are trying to accomplish? Create for each new index a new rollup job using same "rollup_index"? Or there could be some issue to use same rollup index for different rollup jobs?

Thanks,
Mariano

An update: I tried using a new rollup job for each index, all with the same rollup index. And I found a weird behavior: on first job I can see the results for the index correctly (using _rolllup_search endpoint). But, after I start a second job for another index the result for the same query dissapear from the _rolllup_search endpoint. If I use _search directly into the rollup index, the docs are still there. It seems that _rolllup_search started to ignore them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.