[ES 8.6.1 & 8.6.2] Fleet's "Custom Logs" integration stops sending logs with "failed to publish events: temporary bulk send failure" message

Hello,

I'm new to Elastic, so it's possible that I configured something wrong...
Also, please be precise on where/how to find things if you ask for more info.

Base installation

I installed a fresh Elastic recently:

• one node Elastic/kibana, on the same server than my dev Tomcat
  • AWS EC2 (not k8s), Ubuntu
  • bound on eth0 IP (not using localhost)
  • Using only Fleet and Elastic-agent
  • 1 agent policy: Fleet server, APM, System, System Audit and 3 "Custom Logs" integrations

The custom logs have:

• namespace = myproject
  • dataset name = myservice (I have tomcat, access-logs, and a script)
  • so I created 3 index template = logs-myservice-myproject* / datastream (overriding default pipeline and index lifecycle)

=> All this has worked, so the basics of installation should be OK.

Today I realized it had stopped sending logs (maybe after I changed something in Kibana, but not sure), while metrics and APM are still ok.

In the logs I found a lot of:

{"log.level":"error",
"message":"failed to publish events: temporary bulk send failure",
"component":{"binary":"filebeat","dataset":"elastic_agent.filebeat","id":"log-default","type":"log"},
"log":{"source":"log-default"},"log.logger":"publisher_pipeline_output","log.origin":{"file.line":176,"file.name":"pipeline/client_worker.go"},
"service.name":"filebeat",
"ecs.version":"1.6.0","ecs.version":"1.6.0"}

followed with these 2 "info" logs:

Connecting to backoff(elasticsearch(https://10.64.68.80:9200))
Attempting to connect to Elasticsearch version 8.6.1

After looking at any configuration issues (especially in pipelines regex, etc...), I saw some related github issues, so I decided to upgrade everything to 8.6.2
=> problem was solved when the agent was effectively updated/restarted (through kibana), but after some time it's there again...

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.