ES dies continuously after upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.1.0

Four days ago I upgraded (with apt-get) from 2.0.1. to 2.1.0 my single node elastic search on ubuntu in aws. After the upgrade system continuously die after minutes without any message in the logs. After several probes, I tried it in a new fresh 2.1.0 host, without any results: system crash again!

After I saw that the snapshot/restore are not compatible from 2.1.0 to 2.0.1 I done a full reindex of data in a fresh 2.0.1 ES and now is stable again.

Did you have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance, marco

Hi,

I'd recommend you enable DEBUG logging in logging.yml by setting es.logger.level: DEBUG. Then restart Elasticsearch and check the Elasticsearch log file for any errors. I'd also check /var/log/messages for any errors there.

Hi Mike,

thank you for your reply. I'll try to reproduce the problem on a test system with DEBUG enabled. After 24h rollback to 2.0.1 (without any application changes) the system runs without any problem.

If you can reproduce it with logs and details, please open an issue for it.

Hi David,

I'll try. I saw another side effect in these days related with this instability: when I tried to restart ES I had the cpu at 100% and then I had to kill the process with -9. I have the logs for that: http://pastebin.com/S1KqALrn