ES version 1.7

Hello, we are on really old version of ES, am trying rehydrate ec2 running, i see only one node from ASG joining ES cluster.
validated ES running on each instance
My ASG have 3 instances.

any help is appreciated
{"cluster_name":"xxx-xxxx-xxx","status":"green","timed_out":false,"number_of_nodes":1,"number_of_data_nodes":1,"active_primary_shards":0,"active_shards":0,"relocating_shards":0,"initializing_shards":0,"unassigned_shards":0,"delayed_unassigned_shards":0,"number_of_pending_tasks":0,"number_of_in_flight_fetch":0}

That is an incredibly old version and you should look to upgrade as a priority. If you want to get any help you probably need to provide node configurations as well as Elasticsearch logs. It may also help clarify how you are connecting and using the cluster.

Be aware that most people here have not touched this version in years, so I am not sure how much help you will be able to get.

i do see this error on Elasticsearch.log
Exception while retrieving instance list from AWS API: You are not authorized to perform this operation. (Service: AmazonEC2; Status Code: 403; Error Code: UnauthorizedOperation; Request ID: xxxxxxx)

---
bootstrap:
  mlockall: true
path:
  data: "/var/lib/elasticsearch"
  logs: "/var/log/elasticsearch"
cloud:
  aws:
    protocol: https
    proxy_host: xxx-xx-xx.xxxxxxxx
    proxy_port: '8099'
    region: us-west-2
cluster:
  name: xxxxxx
discovery:
  type: ec2
  ec2:
    tag: Name:xxxx
    host_type: private_ip
    groups: sg-xxxx
    ping_timeout: 30s
    availability_zones: us-west-2a, us-west-2b, us-west-2c
node:
  name: ip-xx-xxx
discovery.zen.ping.multicast.enabled: false
action.auto_create_index: false

nvm figured out issue- it has to do with IAM policy.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.