Event-data-track

Hi,

the eventdata track on githup https://github.com/elastic/rally-eventdata-track has a lot of challenges.
I am really interested in the following challenges :

• elasticlogs-querying
  • combined-indexing-and-querying

Here are my questions:

• You mention you are running a 3 node cluster. The needed storage is the one per node or as sum? When I am testing a single node cluster, do I need to multiply storage by 3 or does it fit?
  • is it quit easily doable to reduce the needed events from 1billion to lets say 250 or 500 mio? What do I need to change?

Thanks a lot,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

The eventdata track is a pretty sophisticated track and in general I think it pays off to study it in a bit more detail yourself along with our track reference and our tutorial how to create your own tracks.

You mention you are running a 3 node cluster. The needed storage is the one per node or as sum? When I am testing a single node cluster, do I need to multiply storage by 3 or does it fit?

Ignoring replicas, index size is independent of the number of nodes.

is it quit easily doable to reduce the needed events from 1billion to lets say 250 or 500 mio? What do I need to change?

From a Rally perspective this is definitely possible and we recommend to solve this via so-called track parameters that you can then pass as a command line parameter to Rally which in turn will apply it when loading the track. This track currently does not offer this as a track parameter but it would be definitely doable to add it and as an open source project we're always happy to receive pull requests. :slight_smile:

Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.