"excludes" and "includes" for _source has no effect?

Hello,

As far as I've tested, the "includes" and "excludes" options for the _source
field http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/mapping/source-field/have
no effect - I always get the whole source. Here's a gist for
recreating:

Did I do something wrong on my tests? If yes, how is it supposed to work?

Any pointers will be appreciated. I'm on 64-bit Ubuntu and I've used the
.deb packages of 0.19.7 and 0.90.0RC1 with the same results.

Thanks and best regards,
Radu

http://sematext.com/ -- ElasticSearch -- Solr -- Lucene

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Did I do something wrong on my tests? If yes, how is it supposed to
work?

Hmm - it doesn't work for get-by-id. It works for search though.
Flushing the index helped, so it looks like its a translog thing

please open an issue

ta

clint

Any pointers will be appreciated. I'm on 64-bit Ubuntu and I've used
the .deb packages of 0.19.7 and 0.90.0RC1 with the same results.

Thanks and best regards,
Radu

--
http://sematext.com/ -- ElasticSearch -- Solr -- Lucene

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks a lot, Clint!

I've opened an issue here:

Best regards,
Radu

http://sematext.com/ -- ElasticSearch -- Solr -- Lucene

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Clinton Gormley clint@traveljury.comwrote:

Did I do something wrong on my tests? If yes, how is it supposed to
work?

Hmm - it doesn't work for get-by-id. It works for search though.
Flushing the index helped, so it looks like its a translog thing

please open an issue

ta

clint

Any pointers will be appreciated. I'm on 64-bit Ubuntu and I've used
the .deb packages of 0.19.7 and 0.90.0RC1 with the same results.

Thanks and best regards,
Radu

--
http://sematext.com/ -- ElasticSearch -- Solr -- Lucene

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.