Exists field not working on a newly added field

hi,

I am using 7.16.3 ES on windows 2012. I added a new date field to existing index. I then ran _bulk update to add the field on some existing documents. Now, when I when query the individual document, I can see the new field with value. But when I try to run exists field query to get of documents with this field populated, its returning me 0 record as match. I even tried doing a force refresh of the index, but still exists field query always returns 0 count. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Could you provide a full recreation script as described in About the Elasticsearch category. It will help to better understand what you are doing. Please, try to keep the example as simple as possible.

A full reproduction script is something anyone can copy and paste in Kibana dev console, click on the run button to reproduce your use case. It will help readers to understand, reproduce and if needed fix your problem. It will also most likely help to get a faster answer.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.