Exiting: error loading config file: stat filebeat.yml: no such file or directory

Hello,

I compiled filebeat from source to run on arm architecture. I successfully have filebeat running, but I have noticed that I can't just run filebeat command. ex. filebeat setup -e

Contrary to normal filebeat installations, system module is disabled. I got an error when I attempted to run:

filebeat modules enable system

output:

bash: filebeat: command not found

After some some digging around I think I figured out that the config path is not set. In attempt to set the paths, I am not making any progress. Just a blinking cursor that sits forever or until I hit ctrl + c

./filebeat -c /etc/filebeat/filebeat.yml -path.home /usr/share/filebeat -path.config /etc/filebeat -path.data /var/lib/filebeat -path.logs /var/log/filebeat

Is this normal behavior or am I missing something in setting the paths?

Thanks
/JT

You can try Filebeat to test config file
/usr/share/filebeat/bin/filebeat test config -c /etc/filebeat/filebeat.yml

1 Like

test config returns "Config ok". I don't think this is a config issue. It is a path issue. I don't want to have to type "/usr/share/filebeat/bin/filebeat test config -c /etc/filebeat/filebeat.yml". i just want to simply type"filebeat test config"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.