Export Sample Dashboard -> Import it new cluster -> change index?

Dear Elastic & Community,
I did this: exported the sample dashboards of a beat (auditbeat) from one cluster, imported them (ndson file) in an second cluster. In this second cluster I would like to change in Kibana the index this imported objects (dashboards / visualisations) use - so from metricbeat-* (standard one) to something-beat-* (my custom index).
Is this operation possible? I did not find any possibility to change an index an existing visualization is linked too.
cheers
Stefano

Hi!

What process do you use to export/import the dashboard?
When loading pre built dashboards of Betas you can set a custom index with setup_dashboards_index option. Maybe you can utilize this in your case too if you use setup command to load your dashboard too.

Hi Chris,
thanks, but I already avaluated this possibility and it has too many backsides (long story). I am testing the Kibana GUI possibility now.
I just have one, final & simple question: Is it possible to change the index via Kibana GUI for the sample dashboards of beats? Because I must be blind - I did not see it.
Thank you for the insights.
Stefano

...I also tried to export the objects and with an editor replace all all the 'old' indices with new ones and import the modified file. But somehow I got the impression it did not work out well.
Any comments on this by someone please?
cheers
Stefano

What I also see: I imported the saved objects via kibana and told to use my new index pattern, but if I am in the visualization it still shows me the standard index pattern. I added 2 screenshots to illustrate this.
So it seems to me that this procedure does not work.
cheers
Stefano

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.