Failed to download ".elser_model_2"

Getting below error while trying to download ELSER trained model. Please suggest

{
"statusCode": 400,
"error": "Bad Request",
"message": "[illegal_argument_exception\n\tCaused by:\n\t\tunchecked_i_o_exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target\n\tRoot causes:\n\t\tillegal_argument_exception: Failed to load package metadata]: Failed to load package metadata",
"attributes": {
"body": {
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "illegal_argument_exception",
"reason": "Failed to load package metadata"
}
],
"type": "illegal_argument_exception",
"reason": "Failed to load package metadata",
"caused_by": {
"type": "unchecked_i_o_exception",
"reason": "javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
"type": "s_s_l_handshake_exception",
"reason": "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
"type": "validator_exception",
"reason": "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target",
"type": "sun_cert_path_builder_exception",
"reason": "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"
}
}
}
}
},
"status": 400
}
}
}

Hi @Manoj_Kumar9,

Where are you encountering this error? Which version of Elasticsearch and Kibana are you using?

Hi @carly.richmond

Thanks for the response.

I am trying out in my local instance with the version of 8.12.1 Elastic search and Kibana.

Please confirm we need to import any SSL certificate in kibana?

Hi @Manoj_Kumar9,

Are you running in an airgapped environment? I don't see any steps for installing certificates in the getting started instructions.

Can you check you meed the minimum subscription and memory requirements as covered here in the documentation? Alternatively upgrading to the latest minor might be worth a try.