Failed to parse date format

Hi,

I'm having this error when I add a Time Filter in Kibana Canvas.

[essql] > Unexpected error from Elasticsearch: [parse_exception] failed to parse date field [2019-06-27T14:55:01.165Z] with format [yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss||yyyy-MM-dd||epoch_millis||yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ||basic_date_time]: [failed to parse date field [2019-06-27T14:55:01.165Z] with format [yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss||yyyy-MM-dd||epoch_millis||yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ||basic_date_time]]

Why 2019-06-27T14:55:01.165Z doesn't match yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ?

Which should be the correct format?

which Elasticsearch version are you using? Can you try yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSX? Note that formats have changed due to the switch to java time away from joda time in Elasticsearch 7.0 and above.

--Alex

2 Likes

I'm having the same problem, and using this format on the index template does not help

Got it too with my Sylog -> Logstash -> Elastic setup, as far i can see its since my upgrade from 7.1.0 to 7.2(entire stack)

can you provide a full reproducible example instead of just snippets? index creation including mapping, document indexing and querying?

Thanks!

Thank you @spinscale! It worked!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.