"failed to reduce search" error

Hey,

A couple days ago, I started to get errors about shard failures, I can't
remember the exact error message.
So I decided to reindex everything from mysql and start fresh. I just
delete all the old indexes, and reindexed.

Now, I get these errors:

[2013-05-14 03:27:24,007][DEBUG][action.search.type ] [Zero-G] failed
to reduce search

org.elasticsearch.action.search.ReduceSearchPhaseException: Failed to
execute phase [fetch], [reduce]
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.finishHim(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:177)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction$3.onResult(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:155)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction$3.onResult(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:149)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteFetch(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:346)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.executeFetch(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:149)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:136)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.elasticsearch.search.facet.terms.ints.InternalIntTermsFacet cannot be
cast to org.elasticsearch.search.facet.terms.longs.InternalLongTermsFacet

at
org.elasticsearch.search.facet.terms.longs.InternalLongTermsFacet.reduce(InternalLongTermsFacet.java:223)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.facet.terms.TermsFacetProcessor.reduce(TermsFacetProcessor.java:212)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.controller.SearchPhaseController.merge(SearchPhaseController.java:296)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.innerFinishHim(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:190)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.finishHim(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:175)

I did not change anything in the config files, ever, I'm just using the
default config.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hey,

thanks for your report. Can you maybe provide some more information?

• Elasticsearch version used
  • Some sample data indexed
  • Query executed at that time

This would help a lot to reproduce your issue. The best would be, if you
could reproduce it by using some curl calls.

--Alexander

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Robin Boutros niuage@gmail.com wrote:

Hey,

Now, I get these errors:

to reduce search

at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.finishHim(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:177)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction$3.onResult(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:155)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction$3.onResult(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:149)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteFetch(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:346)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.executeFetch(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:149)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:136)
at
at

at
org.elasticsearch.search.facet.terms.longs.InternalLongTermsFacet.reduce(InternalLongTermsFacet.java:223)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.facet.terms.TermsFacetProcessor.reduce(TermsFacetProcessor.java:212)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.controller.SearchPhaseController.merge(SearchPhaseController.java:296)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.innerFinishHim(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:190)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.finishHim(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:175)

default config.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Right, I should have given more info :wink:

ES version: 0.20.5

But actually, I noticed other errors that made it clear what was wrong:
nested: QueryParsingException[[poe_shields] [nested] nested object under
path [stats] is not of nested type]; }]","status":500}

I noticed that my mapping was actually wrong. What I think happened is that
I had rake tasks running in the background using ES, and so when I deleted
the old indexes, they were immediately recreated by Tire with a dynamic
mapping. Really not sure, but I'm going to just stop everything, reindex,
and see if everything is back to normal.

Thanks!

So it's not the error I posted above. Not sure how to reproduce this one. I
also get other errors like "failed to parse date field".

On Monday, May 13, 2013 11:31:38 PM UTC-4, Robin Boutros wrote:

Hey,

Now, I get these errors:

to reduce search

at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at

at
at
at
at
at

default config.

--

That was it, my mapping was actually messed up. I reindexed the data
properly and everything is working fine. No idea of what happened in the
first place, but for now, I'm good.

Thanks.

On Monday, May 13, 2013 11:31:38 PM UTC-4, Robin Boutros wrote:

Hey,

Now, I get these errors:

to reduce search

at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at

at
at
at
at
at

default config.

--