Failed to register an accepted channel

Hi all,

I'm running into this error message when running extensive queries from a python script and when adding / removing nodes. It seems to occur only when putting elasticsearch "to work". There is no problem when running the normal workload.

My use case:
I'm logging time series data, one index per day per source.
Currently we mostly have 4 to 8 sources online at a time.
The data consists of one document per second, the document contains about 20 metrics that get mapped to int's, doubles, ....
This setup has been running for about a year, one index is mostly 40 - 60 MB, the total indexes now is 1200, each index has 3 primaries and 2 replica's, total store size is now 210 Gigs (including replica's)

My hardware:
Now: 3x quad-core vps running on (local)ssd with 16 Gigs of memory of which elastic gets 8.
previous: 3x quad-core dedicated on spinning disks with the same memory settings.
Both setups produce the same problem.

The software:
Elastic 6.5.1 running on ubuntu 18.04 with openjdk 1.8.0_191, nofile is set to 200000:200000, swap disabled.

2 questions:

1. How do I resolve this error (..duh..) Last time I ran the script the cluster came to a grinding halt and could only recover after rebooting with 5 nodes.. with 3 it crashed before reallocating shards with the same error.

2. What would be a better scheme of saving this data ? Are there to many small indexes now ? Maybe it's better to combine the indexes per week / month / year ?

There is a small portion of the logs here: https://pastebin.com/Y8ftm6uy Please let me know if you require more logs / other data.

Thanx for any insight !!

This is unexpected. I filed a bug report here: https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/39171. Please could you introduce yourself on that issue report so we know your Github handle in case we need to ask you some followup questions?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.